Getting to The Helix: Home of The
**FREE PARKING UNTIL MARCH 2019!**
So you want to come and see the magnificent Kelpies, and their
home The Helix Park, for yourself? We are ideally located in the
central belt of Scotland - around 19 miles from Edinburgh and 35
miles from Glasgow airports.
There's information below on how to get here via
car, parking options and travelling by public transport. We
can't wait to welcome you with our 5-star service.
Travelling by Car?
The Helix is located just off the main motorway routes in
Central Scotland. Follow the brown tourist signs around Falkirk to
From Edinburgh leave at junction 5 and from Stirling leave at
junction 6 and then follow the brown tourist signs on the trunk
- From Edinburgh - take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at
Junction 5 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown
tourism signs to `Helix park and Kelpies`
- From Glasgow - take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at
Junction 8 for M876 and join M9, exit at Junction 6 for
Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to
`Helix park and Kelpies`
- From Carlisle and the South - M74, M73, M80, M876, M9, and
follow the signs for Falkirk as above.
- From Perth and the North - A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit
at Junction 6 for Falkirk as above.
Travelling by Public Transport?
There are 2 main train stations in Falkirk that are close to The
Helix: Falkirk High (located 3 miles away) and Falkirk Grahamston
(located 2 miles away). There are multiple routes to these stations
from all over Scotland including:
- Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes)
- Edinburgh to Falkirk Grahamston (35 minutes).
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes)
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or via Edinburgh
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and
Camelon Stations which are all close by
By Bus from Falkirk High Station:
Join the First Bus Number 2 bus for Bo'ness at Slammanan Road
approx 2 minutes walk from the rail station. This bus will stop on
Falkirk Road opposite Falkirk Stadium (watch out for the pink bus
stop) this stop is the side entrance to the Helix Park.
For more information please visit the
First Bus website or call First Bus on 01324
Local Taxi Services
- Bruce Taxis: 0500 636000
- Express Taxis: 0500 638000
ALL PARKING AT THE HELIX IS FREE UNTIL 30th MARCH
Helix Car Park (small 78 space car park as you enter the
This car park has access 24/7 unless closed off on rare occasion
for a large event.
Kelpies Car Park (175 space car park near The Kelpies and
PLEASE NOTE: The Kelpies Car Park is closed at 8pm
each night with no egress until 8am when the car park
Both car parks fill up early in the morning during nice weather
and holidays, so to avoid long delays we recommend you park at Falkirk Stadium and enjoy the walk through The
Helix to The Kelpies. It may be worthwhile checking Falkirk
Football Club's fixtures list before departing for The
Helix and The Kelpies as this car park is unavailable on match